Monday, September 10, 2012

8th My Singular Wish

8th Grade Language Arts

During the first full week of school the students will be creating a person.  This person will be more than just a name...they will be designing the WHOLE person.  The students will be using their LA notebook(composition book or spiral) for the assignment notes.

Monday, September 10

Sketch Time...We started this today in class.
1.  Divide paper into 9 sections
2. Thumbnail Drawings: Don't worry about it, just draw.
*Draw 9 different people
*Write a singular wish for each person.
Homework: Complete the sketches and statements for each character.

Tuesday, September 11
1. Choose your favorite drawing and wish. Circle it.
2. Check your Singular Wish:
*Is it a complete sentence?
*Does it make sense? Have you added details?

Students will begin drawing their characters today in class and be expected to finish during class tomorrow.

Wednesday, September 12
Finish character poster for "My Singular Wish."
Due:  Posters are due at the end of class, Wednesday, September 12.

Grading: Students will be graded on the following targets.
 TARGET
0
1
2
3
3.3
Aesthetics:
  I have taken time and effort to develop work that has a professional appearance (simple, but neat illustrations, straight lines, typed or nicely printed, black lined text).

I have not taken time and effort to develop work that has a professional appearance (simple, but neat illustrations, straight lines, typed or nicely printed, black lined text).

I have taken time and effort to develop work that has a somewhat professional appearance (simple, but neat illustrations, straight lines, typed or nicely printed, black lined text).

I have taken time and effort to develop work that has a professional appearance (simple, but neat illustrations, straight lines, typed or nicely printed, black lined text).
I have taken time and effort to develop work that has an extremely professional appearance (simple, but neat illustrations, straight lines, typed or nicely printed, black lined text).
 TARGET
0
1
2
3
3.3

Conventions:
I use correct conventions in my writing.
I did not edit my writing.
I have frequent convention mistakes in my writing.
I have many convention mistakes in my writing.
I use correct conventions in my writing.
I use correct convention in my writing, even with especially difficult words and punctuation.